Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by William Yardley <sv...@veggiechinese.net> on 2008/02/15 02:06:38 UTC

timezone in svn log / svn2cl

I'm using svn2cl (which uses xsltproc) to print out changes in a given
time period (e.g., last 24 hours). I know how to define the time zone
used in the call to svn log, but I'm not sure if it's possible to change
the time zone displayed in the resulting output. I tried setting
--stringparam timezone in the xsltproc command, but that didn't seem to
work (unless I did it wrong).

Worst case scenario, I could convert the dates to localtime in perl, but
was hoping to avoid it.

Re: timezone in svn log / svn2cl

Posted by William Yardley <sv...@veggiechinese.net>.
On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 12:09:37AM -0800, William Yardley wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 08:07:46PM -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> > On Feb 14, 2008, at 6:06 PM, William Yardley wrote:

> >> I'm using svn2cl (which uses xsltproc) to print out changes in a given
> >> time period (e.g., last 24 hours). I know how to define the time zone
> >> used in the call to svn log, but I'm not sure if it's possible to change
> >> the time zone displayed in the resulting output. I tried setting
> >> --stringparam timezone in the xsltproc command, but that didn't seem to
> >> work (unless I did it wrong).

> > Are you setting variable the TZ environmental variable to do this?

> The dates don't seem to be affected whether $TZ is set or not. The
> times always show up in GMT rather than in the system time zone or the
> time zone defined in $TZ.

Also, just for the record, svn2cl is calling svn log with the --xml
parameter. In my tests, this always displays GMT, not localtime, though
svn log / svn info normally do display localtime.

So I guess the question is whether anyone's already done the work to the
stylesheet for xsltproc to make it display in localtime (or if there's
some way to make the XML output use localtime).

Otherwise, I can probably get away with just using svn log instead.

Re: timezone in svn log / svn2cl

Posted by William Yardley <sv...@veggiechinese.net>.

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
On Feb 14, 2008, at 6:06 PM, William Yardley wrote:

> I'm using svn2cl (which uses xsltproc) to print out changes in a given
> time period (e.g., last 24 hours). I know how to define the time zone
> used in the call to svn log, but I'm not sure if it's possible to
> change
> the time zone displayed in the resulting output. I tried setting
> --stringparam timezone in the xsltproc command, but that didn't seem
> work (unless I did it wrong).
>
> Worst case scenario, I could convert the dates to localtime in perl,
> but
> was hoping to avoid it.

Are you setting variable the TZ environmental variable to do this?

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.