Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2004/08/04 08:33:35 UTC

Where is Cloudscape?

Hm... wanted to check this code out of CVS but can't find it :-/

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit... I can be patient ;)

http://infoworld.com/article/04/08/03/HNclouscape_1.html

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc

RE: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Brian McCallister wrote:
>
>> I would strongly recommend checking out Axion
>
>> they promised users a 1.0 release in [the tigris] namespace

Not "1.0", but "Milestone 3"

> I hadn't heard that until recently.

See [1], which was referenced both in the proposal to general@db [2] and
in the notice to general@incubator [3].

[1] <http://axion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=698>
[2]
<http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=general@db.apache.org&msgId=1384102>
[3]
<http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=general@incubator.apache.org&msgId=1180601>

> Is that what accounts for the delay [in fully moving to the apache
> infrastructure] between the Incubator being informed on October 16th
> that DB PMC had voted to sponsor axion to the incubator and now?

Among other reasons, yes.  (The warm welcome axion received at the
incubator is probably another reason for delay.)

RE: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Brian McCallister wrote:

> I would strongly recommend checking out Axion

> they promised users a 1.0 release in [the tigris] namespace

I hadn't heard that until recently.  Is that what accounts for the delay

Re: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
I would strongly recommend checking out Axion (
http://axion.tigris.org/ ) as well, which is also in the incubator (cvs
is still on tigris as they promised users a 1.0 release in that
namespace, I believe).

When Derby was first announced I thought it may make life rough on
Axion, but the more I look at using Cloudscape 10 (derby initial
codebase) the more I think Axion may make life difficult for Derby ;-)

Will be fun having both of these here, hopefully both will benefit a
lot.

-Brian

Re: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.

Re: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> Hm... wanted to check this code out of CVS but can't find it :-/
>
> Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit... I can be patient ;)
>
> http://infoworld.com/article/04/08/03/HNclouscape_1.html

"Over the next few weeks, the open source code will be available for
download from Apache.org. In the meantime, IBM will make available a
binary copy of the Derby code from www.developerworks.com" [1]

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/zones/cloudscape/

If this is a topic that interests you, you might want to subscribe to
either general@db.apache.org or darby-dev@apache.org.

- Sam Ruby

[1]<http://www-1.ibm.com/press/PressServletForm.wss?MenuChoice=pressreleases&TemplateName=ShowPressReleaseTemplate&SelectString=t1.docunid=7254&TableName=DataheadApplicationClass&SESSIONKEY=any&WindowTitle=Press+Release&STATUS=publish>

RE: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I'd suggest subscribing to general@incubator.apache.org [until]
> the project has its own mailing lists.

It already does.  :-)  derby-dev@db.apache.org.  Send the normal subscribe
request.

	--- Noel

Re: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 23:33:35 -0700, Kevin A. Burton
<bu...@newsmonster.org> wrote:
> Hm... wanted to check this code out of CVS but can't find it :-/
>
> Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit... I can be patient ;)
>
> http://infoworld.com/article/04/08/03/HNclouscape_1.html
>
> Kevin

As with any other project under incubation, it'll show up at
incubator.apache.org first, when the code is posted.  I'd suggest
subscribing to general@incubator.apache.org (to subscribe, send an
empty message to general-subscribe@incubator.apache.org) to keep up to
date, until the project has its own mailing lists.

Craig

Re: Where is Cloudscape?

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
It'll be part of the DB project, AFAIK. And will probably take a while
to land in CVS.