Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2002/04/18 11:47:51 UTC

release 1.1 ?

Hi folks,

I think this would be a good time to get v1.1.0 out of the door.
I'd just like to get the jstl-taglib synced with the struts-taglib by adding the
2 missing tags. I'll do that this weekend.

I haven't yet had sufficient time to look at the user-quota-support for
inclusion (sorry Jean-Philippe :P), although I think the switch from 1.0 to 1.1
would be better for the required minor API changes than a potential future
switch from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1.

Remy, can you take on the release process, being as routined as you are with
that ? :)

-chris
 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.
Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Am 18.04.2002 13:20:13, schrieb "Remy Maucherat" <re...@apache.org>:
>
>>>Hi folks,
>>>
>>>I think this would be a good time to get v1.1.0 out of the door.
>>>I'd just like to get the jstl-taglib synced with the struts-taglib by
>>
>>adding the
>>
>>>2 missing tags. I'll do that this weekend.
>>>
>>>I haven't yet had sufficient time to look at the user-quota-support for
>>>inclusion (sorry Jean-Philippe :P), although I think the switch from 1.0
>>
>>to 1.1
>>
>>>would be better for the required minor API changes than a potential future
>>>switch from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1.
>>
>>+1 for the release (but you should post a formal request for a vote on the
>>release when those patches are applied).
>

> Note that I didn't volunteer to commit/review the user-quota patches, as I'm a
> quite time-constrained atm (who isn't :P). Maybe I'll find some hours this
> weekend though.

If it could help you, I will send tomorrow an email with my patches
explaining in detail what they are doing to make the review/commit job
as fast and paintless as possible

Regards

JP

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.

 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi folks,
>
> I think this would be a good time to get v1.1.0 out of the door.
> I'd just like to get the jstl-taglib synced with the struts-taglib by
adding the
> 2 missing tags. I'll do that this weekend.
>
> I haven't yet had sufficient time to look at the user-quota-support for
> inclusion (sorry Jean-Philippe :P), although I think the switch from 1.0
to 1.1
> would be better for the required minor API changes than a potential future
> switch from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1.

+1 for the release (but you should post a formal request for a vote on the
release when those patches are applied).

> Remy, can you take on the release process, being as routined as you are
with
> that ? :)

No problem, I can do that :)
1.1.0 seems to be the maintenance path for 1.0.16, so I don't think it is
needed to create a branch this time, right ?

Remy

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.
Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Am 18.04.2002 13:46:34, schrieb Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>:
>

>>Christopher Lenz wrote:
>
> [..]
>
>>For me, inclusion of user-quota-support in particular doesn't matter,
>>but the ability to plug, configure and use smoothly Content-Interceptors
>>would be great.
>>
>>I explain myself : Slide's Content-Interceptors concept is great but,
>>for now, not very usable ; you can't add parameters to them, they can't
>>throw any exceptions and they lack some methods (like
>>postRemoveContent).
>>
>>I think that making these generic Content-Interceptors modifications
>>would be painless (I've already written them) and the patches are very
>>small and basic so they should not add bugs.
>>
>>What is your opinion on this ?
>

> Well, I agree with your opinions here, and I'll try to find the time to review
> and commit your patches asap.
>

>>Regards
>>
>>JP
>>
>>ps : for more informations on proposed modifications, please see
>>  http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02876.html
>

> I've just re-read the discussion (which I didn't closely follow, originally).
>
> One point: IMHO ContentInterceptor should have been an interface from the start.
> As the mechanism obviously hasn't been used much (due to it's limited
> usability), why not make it an interface now if we're changing the API anyway ?
> And provide an abstract class AbstractContentInterceptor to ease implementation.

I agree with you and it's what Remy was suggested (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02030.html)

JP

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.
Jean-Philippe Courson wrote:
> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>
>> Am 18.04.2002 16:30:59, schrieb Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>:
>>
>>> Am 18.04.2002 13:46:34, schrieb Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>:
>>

>> [...]
>>>

>>> I've just re-read the discussion (which I didn't closely follow,
>>> originally).
>>>
>>> One point: IMHO ContentInterceptor should have been an interface from
>>> the start. As the mechanism obviously hasn't been used much (due to
>>> it's limited usability), why not make it an interface now if we're
>>> changing the API anyway ? And provide an abstract class
>>> AbstractContentInterceptor to ease implementation.
>>>
>>> Are there any good reasons ContentInterceptor isn't an interface ?
>>> Would the above be too much of a change ?
>>

>> ...and,
>>
>> [sorry but I hadn't been dealing with the whole ContentInterceptor API
>> before]
>>
>> if there is a preStoreContent(), why shouldn't there be
>> preRetrieveContent() and preRemoveContent() ? preRetrieveContent()
>> might not make sense, but there are probably use cases for
>> preRemoveContent(). Either way, the interface should be consistent and
>> have pre/post hooks for each event. Further, there are no hooks for
>> the fork/merge "events". Should those be added to ?

Fork/merge events trigger pre/postContentStore() calls.

jp

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.

 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Am 18.04.2002 13:46:34, schrieb Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>:

[..]

 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Re: release 1.1 ?

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.
Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I think this would be a good time to get v1.1.0 out of the door.
> I'd just like to get the jstl-taglib synced with the struts-taglib by adding the
> 2 missing tags. I'll do that this weekend.
>
> I haven't yet had sufficient time to look at the user-quota-support for
> inclusion (sorry Jean-Philippe :P), although I think the switch from 1.0 to 1.1
> would be better for the required minor API changes than a potential future
> switch from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1.
>
> Remy, can you take on the release process, being as routined as you are with
> that ? :)

Hi Chris,