Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tim Stephenson <ts...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/19 01:35:23 UTC

max size of svn repo under x86 linux?

Hi, I'm afraid this may be a newbie question but I can't find any
answers in the FAQ, book or archive.

My svn 1.1 repo just ticked over the 2Gb size in the last day or so
and now my backup script (I'm using hot-backup.py) reports "svn: Can't
open file '[myrepo]/db/strings' for reading".

This email http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-01/1340.shtml
observed the suspicious co-incidence with the file size exceeding 2Gb
and svnadmin verify / recover seem happy.

Is it a known limitation? Is there a workaround? Otherwise I guess I
will split the repo ....

thanks in advance
--
Tim Stephenson