Posted to user@struts.apache.org by slickdev <sl...@comcast.net> on 2002/09/03 07:53:31 UTC

pop up window integration

Are there special considerations for integrating pop-up windows with struts, such as a small overlapping login dialog?

I would like to preserve a static browser page, while it pops up the overlapping login popup dialog.  The popup should interact with a database to validate the userid and pwd, before forwarding control anywhere else.

I am somewhat mentally challenged on this, as I'm accustomed to thinking of Struts in the way it is presented in the tutorial.
That is, a jsp html form is mapped to an ActionForm, and accompanying Action class.  I don't want my login dialog to be presented as a full browser page.

Thanks!