Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Chris Fong <ch...@digeo.com> on 2001/11/06 20:37:41 UTC

libxerces

Hi,

I have been searching around but still couldn't find the answer.  Does
anyone know is it even possible to reduce the size of the library by taking
off some of the feature through configuration?

--Chris

Re: libxerces

Posted by Matt Leinhos <ma...@granularity.net>.
If you're using Linux, you can make xerces' .o files into an archive via
ar, and then compile your program along with the archive. g++ will compile
into the resulting binary only the symbols it needs.

If you still want to reduce the size of the library itself, you might look
into 3rd party tools, or you can do an ugly dependency analysis using the
object files and figuring out which object files to include in the shared
library (g++ -verbose might do that for you...).

Matt

On Nov 6, Chris Fong wrote:  -----------------

>Hi,
>
>I have been searching around but still couldn't find the answer.  Does
>anyone know is it even possible to reduce the size of the library by taking
>off some of the feature through configuration?
>
>--Chris

Matt Leinhos
matt@granularity.net

"What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson? Joltin' Joe has left and gone away."
  -- Simon and Garfunkel