Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Wright <tw...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/12/19 05:13:14 UTC

manual deploy works, but manager deploy is defective

Hello,

I've been experiencing a strange problem with the Tomcat
Manager tool. I've setup Ant to deploy my WAR via the
supplied plugin, and created the appropriate manager user.
When I run the task, the tool reports success, and I can see
my application in the listing (both HTML and via Ant).

When I try to access the application, however, nothing
works. I get 404s for all pages, and my servlets are never
called (running Tomcat in the debugger with a breakpoint on
my servlet code that is never reached).

The tomcat log shows the WAR being deployed, first all the
library Jars, then the auth-constraints, and finally the
"default" and "invoker" servlets. Note that the invoker
servlet also doesn't work (I enabled the servlet-mapping in
the global web.xml file),
http://localhost:8080/<context>/servlet/foo returns a 404
too.

Of course everything works great if I manually copy my WAR
into the webapps directory.

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.17 . I've tried a few other 4.1.X (12
and 10) versions as well and had the same problem...

This is not a huge showstopper but an inconvenience. If
anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it... Log files will be
gladly supplied (though they don't seem to reveal
anything...).

Cheers,

Erik