Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ming Cheung <mi...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/08/28 21:46:55 UTC

[maven 1.x] Need help for passing java arguments

I am using maven 1.1-beta 3. When I added the
-Dmaven.junit.jvmargs=-Djava.security.debug=all, I am unable to see the
debug information. Could someone please tell me how to pass jvm arguments
[ie. -Djava.security.debug=all] to a test/project/junit test?

Sincerely,

Ming Cheung
WebSphere Web Services Developer

Address: IBM, Inc. 11501 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
Tie Line: 678-0733
Email: mingcheu@us.ibm.com

Re: [maven 1.x] Need help for passing java arguments

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I found that maven.junit.jvmargs is always used (forked or not).
Thus if you don't fork your tests and you define system properties in
MAVEN_OPTS and in maven.junit.jvmargs all of them are used but in which
order ???

Arnaud

Posted by Ming Cheung <mi...@us.ibm.com>.
Is this a bug for the maven.junit.jvmargs?

Sincerely,

Ming Cheung
WebSphere Web Services Developer

Address: IBM, Inc. 11501 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
Tie Line: 678-0733
Email: mingcheu@us.ibm.com

             Ming
             Cheung/Austin/IBM
             @ibmus                                                     To
                                       "Maven Users List"
             08/29/2006 04:08          <us...@maven.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: [maven 1.x] Need help for
               "Maven Users            passing java arguments
                   List"
             <users@maven.apac
                  he.org>

Hi Arnaud,

The the java security debug is not showing afte add the following 3
properties to project.properties file.

maven.junit.fork=true
maven.junit.forkmode=perTest
maven.junit.jvmargs=-Djava.security.debug=all

Sincerely,

Ming Cheung
WebSphere Web Services Developer

Address: IBM, Inc. 11501 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
Tie Line: 678-0733
Email: mingcheu@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for "Arnaud HERITIER" <ah...@gmail.com>"Arnaud
HERITIER" <ah...@gmail.com>

                         "Arnaud
                         HERITIER"
                         <aheritier@gma
                         il.com>

                         08/29/2006                  "Maven Users List"
                         05:30 AM                    <users@maven.apache.o
                                                     rg>

            Please respond to                                           cc
           "Maven Users List"
        <us...@maven.apache.org>
                                                                   Subject

                                                     Re: [maven 1.x] Need
                                                     help for passing java
                                                     arguments

Posted by Ming Cheung <mi...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Arnaud,

             08/29/2006 05:30          <us...@maven.apache.org>

Posted by Ming Cheung <mi...@us.ibm.com>.
Can I use the combination of fork, maven.junit.jvmargs, and MAVEN_OPTS
simutanousely for a same project? For example, I am adding the
maven.junit.jvmargs=-Djava.security.debug=true to the project.properties
file and as well as setting
MAVEN_OPTS=-Djava.security.policy=c:\temp\myAdditional.policy to the system
environemont? [My observation of using this coming is not working as
expected, do you know why?]

I also learned that using maven.junit.jvmargs option may not  correctly
parse (read) all the content of myAdditional.policy file for the JVM. Do
you know why? If I am using MAVEN_OPTS, myAdditional.policy's content is
correctly read. However, the painfulness is using either of
maven.junit.jvmargs or MAVEN_OPTS, my project' test throws
java.lang.StackOverFlowError.

Hence, in order to make my project run successfully, I used neither of
MAVEN_OPTS nor maven.junit.jvmargs within my project. Intead of us them to
additoinal policy information, I move all contents of myAddition.policy to
java/jre/lib/security/java.policy.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.