Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Wes Clark <wc...@guidewire.com> on 2009/11/13 02:24:16 UTC

Dependency between DBCP and POOL?

I am using the latest stable release of DBCP, 1.2.2, but an older
version of Pool, 1.2.   I see there are several new versions of Pool
release, the latest being 1.5.3.  Is there a dependency between DBCP and
Pool?  Can I or should I upgrade to latest version of Pool?

Re: Dependency between DBCP and POOL?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Wes Clark wrote:
> I am using the latest stable release of DBCP, 1.2.2, but an older
> version of Pool, 1.2.   I see there are several new versions of Pool
> release, the latest being 1.5.3.  Is there a dependency between DBCP and
> Pool?

Yes, DBCP depends on pool.

  Can I or should I upgrade to latest version of Pool?

Yes, you can and should upgrade, but there is a new release in
progress - 1.5.4 - that fixes a regression introduced in 1.5, so you
should wait to upgrade to 1.5.4.  We are also about to cut a new
DBCP release (1.3).

Phil