Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Taylor <pa...@fastmail.fm> on 2004/11/05 14:09:00 UTC

Deploying a war in TC4

Hi I was originally deploying an application in Tomcat 4 using the
exploded  directory structure.
Ive now created a war and tried to deploy that instead.
First attempt it didnt do anything I then changed docbase from appname
to appname.war in server.xml and on starting tomcat it tried to deploy it.
Unfortunately I thought the first thing it would do was unpack the WAR
and then run it but it seems to use it as is and in my default servlet I
have some code which opens a file (new  File()...) this fails  because
the war hasnt been upacked yet so the file is still in the WAR rather
than directly n the file system.

If I unpack the war myself and change docbase back to appname things are ok.

How can I get round this ?