Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 12:31:51 UTC

WSDL 2.0 codegeration fails due to Woden assertion

Hi Devs,

We are having a bit of a problem in Axis2 (codegeration) due to an assertion
woden has made. I have attached the wsdl2 of the version service  hearwith.
As you will note the target namespace of the wsdl is
http://axisversion.sample and woden tries to resolve this and failes cause
its not a resource that exist.  The complete stack trace is given below

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing WSDL
    at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(
CodeGenerationEngine.java:159)
    at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
    at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
Caused by: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Fatal error.:
axisversion.sample: java.net.UnknownHostException: axisversion.sample
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
    at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:365)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:477)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:214)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:287)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:299)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(
HttpURLConnection.java:792)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(
HttpURLConnection.java:744)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(
HttpURLConnection.java:669)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(
HttpURLConnection.java:913)
    at java.net.URLConnection.getContent(URLConnection.java:682)
    at java.net.URL.getContent(URL.java:1021)
    at org.apache.woden.internal.wsdl20.assertions.Description1001.validate(
Description1001.java:28)
    at
org.apache.woden.internal.wsdl20.validation.WSDLValidator.checkAssertions(
WSDLValidator.java:109)
    at org.apache.woden.internal.wsdl20.validation.WSDLValidator.validate(
WSDLValidator.java:77)
    at org.apache.woden.internal.DOMWSDLReader.readWSDL(DOMWSDLReader.java
:207)
    at org.apache.woden.internal.DOMWSDLReader.readWSDL(DOMWSDLReader.java
:233)
    at org.apache.woden.internal.DOMWSDLReader.readWSDL(DOMWSDLReader.java
:268)
    at org.apache.woden.internal.DOMWSDLReader.readWSDL(DOMWSDLReader.java
:127)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder.readInTheWSDLFile(
WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:1181)
    at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder.<init>(
WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:151)
    at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL20ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.<init>(
WSDL20ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:53)
    at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(
CodeGenerationEngine.java:102)
    at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
    at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)

    at org.apache.woden.internal.wsdl20.assertions.Description1001.validate(
Description1001.java:42)
[...]
    ... 7 more

Thanks,
Keith.
--
Keith Chapman
Software Engineer

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

Re: WSDL 2.0 codegeration fails due to Woden assertion

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Lawrence,

Its working fine now.

Thanks,
Keith.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Lawrence,

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Keith,

wrote:
[...]

wrote:
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Keith,

wrote:
[...]

wrote:
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Keith,

wrote:
[...]

wrote:
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Keith,

wrote:
[...]

wrote:
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Keith,

[...]

wrote:
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Keith,

[...]

wrote:
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Fixed.

Lawrence

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 11:50 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Keith,

Woden shouldn't fail, so this looks like a bug. The spec says that the
target namespace SHOULD resolve to a document that describes the
namespace. At worst you'd get a warning, but the parser should not crash.
There was a recent thread on this topic [1]

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-woden-dev/200802.mbox/%3c52fb7db80802141856x537e3a3aj4b16321d42780fd6@mail.gmail.com%3e

Arthur Ryman, Technical Executive (IBM DE)
Project and Program Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063

"keith chapman" <ke...@gmail.com>
03/27/2008 07:31 AM
Please respond to