Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2000/05/11 23:44:28 UTC

Specifying different compilers for Javac task?

I'm not sure I understand how to specify which java compiler to use. Is it
based on what JAVA_HOME is set to in the environment? The user's manual
mentions a build.compiler property -- is that where you'd specify it? If
it is, where would you do that, and what would the specification be -- a
directory path to where all the bin, lib, etc. directories for that jdk
live? And where does JAVA_HOME come into it?

(Sorry for being such a bozo about this stuff -- I'm signed up for a java
class in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll be a little less so after
that.)

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: Specifying different compilers for Javac task?

Posted by Christopher Elkins <ce...@scardini.com>.
> I'm not sure I understand how to specify which java compiler to use. Is it
> based on what JAVA_HOME is set to in the environment? The user's manual
> mentions a build.compiler property -- is that where you'd specify it? If
> it is, where would you do that, and what would the specification be -- a
> directory path to where all the bin, lib, etc. directories for that jdk
> live? And where does JAVA_HOME come into it?
>
> (Sorry for being such a bozo about this stuff -- I'm signed up for a java
> class in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll be a little less so after
> that.)

Don't apologize for asking questions - everyone was a beginnner at first!

However, you might want to read the FAQ
<http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/
SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/16/topic_id/72/question_id/339>, where I've already
answered this question. ;-)

--
Christopher Elkins