Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Srikanth Madarapu <sr...@senior-systems.com> on 2005/04/07 16:16:11 UTC

how to turn off the standard validator

Hi

  I would like turn off the standard validation on couple of controls in my form. I have a method in the backing bean which will validate the input. The inputText on my form is mapped to a number property in the backing bean, when user enters some text in the form, the framework generates Conversion Error even before going to the validator method in the backing bean. I do not want to see the conversion error and need to customize the error message specific to that input filed.

  Is it possible to turn off the standard validator and use my validate method in the backing bean.

Thanks in advance.
Srikanth