Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@apache.org> on 2020/03/13 23:10:02 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] RFC: Shipping Geode patch releases

Based on the consensus in this thread, we will move forward with this
proposal.  We can work out the exact mechanics after we release
v1.12.0 and move that into a support mode.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Anthony

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@pivotal.io>.
With the release of Geode 1.12.0 (awesome!), we have a new branch naming convention starting today:

release/1.12.0 is now support/1.12

As per this RFC, support/1.12 and an accompanying pipeline[1] will be maintained until Dec 31 2020.

Critical fixes may be proposed at any time.  The fix should already be on develop.  If it is not a clean&simple cherry-pick, please prepare a PR against desired support branch(es).

The usual three “+1” votes are needed to bring a proposed fix.

Anyone in the Geode community may at any time propose making a patch release from a support branch.

-Owen

[1] https://concourse.apachegeode-ci.info/teams/main/pipelines/apache-support-1-12-main