Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Lukas Kohl <lu...@ergodirekt.de> on 2015/11/26 13:37:16 UTC

Unsecure deserialization of Java Objects

Hello,
A recent analysis by Foxglove Security has confirmed multiple zero day,
remotely executable exploits, for Java applications that deserialize
objects from untrusted network sources and use libraries such as Apache
Commons Collections, Groovy or Spring.
see -->
http://foxglovesecurity.com/2015/11/06/what-do-weblogic-websphere-jboss-jenkins-opennms-and-your-application-have-in-common-this-vulnerability/
As Apache Commons Collections is included in OpenEJB, we need to know if
it is affected by this vulnerability.
If yes, please let us know what is your recommendation to prevent damage,
and when will be a patch available.

P.s.: Sorry for double post, but I am not sure if my first Mail reached
the Mailinglist (missing subscription)

Thanks!

Kind Regards
Lukas

www.ergodirekt.de

Blog: http://blog.ergodirekt.de
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ERGODirekt
Google+: www.google.com/+ergodirekt
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ERGODirekt
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ERGODirekt
_______________________

ERGO Direkt Lebensversicherung AG · Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 2787 · UST-ID-Nr. DE159593454
ERGO Direkt Versicherung AG · Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 2934 · UST-ID-Nr. DE159593438
ERGO Direkt Krankenversicherung AG · Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 4694 · UST-ID-Nr. DE159593446
Vorsitzender der Aufsichtsräte der ERGO Direkt Lebensversicherung AG und der ERGO Direkt Krankenversicherung AG: Dr. Clemens Muth
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats der ERGO Direkt Versicherung AG: Christian Diedrich
Vorstände: Dr. Daniel von Borries (Vorsitzender), Ralf Hartmann, Dr. Jörg Stoffels · Sitz: Fürth
Karl-Martell-Straße 60 · 90344 Nürnberg · Internet: ergodirekt.de
UniCredit Bank AG - HypoVereinsbank Kto.-Nr.: 66 071 430 · BLZ 700 202 70
IBAN: DE63 7002 0270 0066 0714 30 · BIC: HYVEDEMM

Re: Unsecure deserialization of Java Objects

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
the fix uses hardcoded blacklist of unserializable classes and allows to
configure a whitelist of unserializable classes (this last one being the
only really secured case but the other one is the best we can do and
already makes it harder to exploit the issue).

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Andy <an...@gmx.de>.
Yep, that should be all non DMZ, unless you're crazy. So I guess we can
just post a warning people to be aware.
If we become aware of real DMZ issues within TomEE itself then we need
to post as much info on this as possible.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Von:    Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
An:     "users@tomee.apache.org" <us...@tomee.apache.org>
Datum:  27.11.2015 13:16
Betreff:        [SPAM] Re: Unsecure deserialization of Java Objects

<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
there are few places (mainly one actually) but it is optional so a default
instance shouldnt have any issue. That said you are right we need to fix
the embedded ejbd code.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.