Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by jhankar <jh...@keane.com> on 2007/11/29 11:32:43 UTC

Response time of Axis web service in windows 2000 is too much

I have installed the same web service in to two different servers, one is
windows 2000 with intel xenon 2.4 GHZ  and 1 GB of RAM.The second system has
windows 2003 with intel xenon 1.6 GHZ clock speen with 2 GB RAM. The web
service takes 18 seconds in case of windows 2000 and only 0.86 sec in case
of windows 20003.

Re: Response time of Axis web service in windows 2000 is too much

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Or repeatedly send requests through. The time should vary significantly if
its a swap problem.

Paul

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Response time of Axis web service in windows 2000 is too much

Posted by Rene Mondeel <Re...@rivm.nl>.

      pzfreo wrote:

      > It looks like this may be a problem with your TCP/IP settings. The
      usual
      > reason for very long delays like this is a DNS misconfiguration.
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > On Nov 29, 2007 10:32 AM, jhankar <jh...@keane.com> wrote:
      >

      >> I have installed the same web service in to two different servers,
      one is
      >> windows 2000 with intel xenon 2.4 GHZ  and 1 GB of RAM.The second
      system
      >> has
      >> windows 2003 with intel xenon 1.6 GHZ clock speen with 2 GB RAM.
      The web
      >> service takes 18 seconds in case of windows 2000 and only 0.86 sec
      in
      >> case
      >> of windows 20003.
      >> --

      > Paul Fremantle
      > OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
      >
      > blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
      > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Response time of Axis web service in windows 2000 is too much

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
You need to make sure that you can connect to the machine correctly.
Unfortunately I cannot debug TCP/IP settings that simply.

You might look at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/93444

There may be other issues. You might try running some other kind of network
server on the system and see if you get the same issues. Also are you
running this on Tomcat? Do you get the same behaviour when accessing static
or servlet pages within Tomcat?

Paul

On Nov 29, 2007 10:53 AM, jhankar <jh...@keane.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot. Could you please elaborate what parameter can be changed in
> TCP/IP settings.
>

> pzfreo wrote:
> >
> > It looks like this may be a problem with your TCP/IP settings. The usual
> > reason for very long delays like this is a DNS misconfiguration.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On Nov 29, 2007 10:32 AM, jhankar <jh...@keane.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I have installed the same web service in to two different servers, one
> is
> >> windows 2000 with intel xenon 2.4 GHZ  and 1 GB of RAM.The second
> system
> >> has
> >> windows 2003 with intel xenon 1.6 GHZ clock speen with 2 GB RAM. The
> web
> >> service takes 18 seconds in case of windows 2000 and only 0.86 sec in
> >> case
> >> of windows 20003.
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2
> > OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Response time of Axis web service in windows 2000 is too much

Posted by jhankar <jh...@keane.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
It looks like this may be a problem with your TCP/IP settings. The usual
reason for very long delays like this is a DNS misconfiguration.

Paul

On Nov 29, 2007 10:32 AM, jhankar <jh...@keane.com> wrote:

> I have installed the same web service in to two different servers, one is
> windows 2000 with intel xenon 2.4 GHZ  and 1 GB of RAM.The second system
> has
> windows 2003 with intel xenon 1.6 GHZ clock speen with 2 GB RAM. The web
> service takes 18 seconds in case of windows 2000 and only 0.86 sec in case
> of windows 20003.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org