Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony Guadagno <to...@guadagno.org> on 2007/05/30 05:25:54 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2.2 and mysql dbd driver??

Hi,
  I am a little confused, this statement seems to imply that the database drivers for mod_dbd can be loaded dynamically

http://people.apache.org/~niq/dbd.html

DBD Drivers

    APR DBD Drivers are currently available for PostgreSQL and SQLite within SVN. The apr_dbd architecture supports dynamic loading of database driver modules, so that new drivers can be installed at any time, without any requirement to recompile APR (provided the platform supports dynamic loading).

but i cannot find them...what don't i understand?  I would like to use mysql but I would be ok with sqlite..in anycase, where are the drivers and can I really load them dynamically?

btw, this is apache 2.2.4 on windows

Tony Guadagno
Guadagno Consulting
tonyg@guadagno.org
585.703.6700

Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.2 and mysql dbd driver??

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tue, 29 May 2007 23:25:54 -0400
"Tony Guadagno" <to...@guadagno.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am a little confused, this statement seems to imply that the
> database drivers for mod_dbd can be loaded dynamically
>
> http://people.apache.org/~niq/dbd.html

You can build APR to enable that.  But this isn't enabled if
you have an out-of-the-box build: it'll statically compile
support for whatever databases are found on your system.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/