Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/09/01 05:15:46 UTC

Re: indent settings?

>     Randy, are you using indent to do your "style changes"?  If so, what
>     indent settings are you using?  Maybe my system has an antique
>     version or something, but when I use the settings in the style
>     guide, the result looks like garbage..
>
>     #ken    :-)}

The .indent.pro file in src. Actually, I've found that the results
look wrong in vi, but look fine in emacs. I'm not much of a vi
user, so I stopped worrying about it. :-)  Perhaps a vi person
could share what editor settings are needed to make this appear as
it should.

Re: indent settings?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
I don't seem to have a problem using GNU indent 1.9.1 and vi ... I only
indented http_main.c though.

However, anything which screws up how the files look in vi is likely to be
a bug in the .indent.pro.  Maybe it's a hard-tabs issue.  I dunno.

Dean