Posted to general@james.apache.org by « <ŝķў шâlĶёř>, » <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/26 08:00:12 UTC

Getting messages as conversation in IMAP

Hi,
Does anybody have any idea of how to read messages as conversation from
inbox(like in gmail) through  imap.
example : john.smith(3) --> showing their are 3 messages from john smith

cheers,
--
Rajiv

Re: Getting messages as conversation in IMAP

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I personally don't know any means for this, but I may miss something in
the IMAP RFC.
You could easily extends the James IMAP processors to implement your own
proprietary extension
Gmail proposes such conversation gathering via its web interface. Does
it also propose such features via IMAP ?

Tks,

Eric

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
I there,

I was not aware of rfc5256 until now. Would be really cool if James
IMAP would support it in the future. Anyway I think you are asking for
some library to reuse in your client code right ?

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
I there,