Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hari Krishna Korrapati <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/16 14:11:45 UTC

EJB

Hi,

We have the project.xml for the ejb project, which was built previously
using maven.
Now i am using Eclipse 3.2.1 for code editing,build and finally i am using
Geronimo1.1.1 for running the application.

In case of
 1) web projects if we have war.bundle=true in project .xml, we will add
that corresponding jar in J2ee Module Dependencies of the web project
 2) ear projects if we have ear.bundle=true in project .xml, we will add
that corresponding jar in J2ee Module Dependencies of the enterprise project

Similarly in case of ejb project, we have
  <ejb.manifest.classpath>true</ejb.manifest.classpath>
What is the corresponding action to be taken for the above.

Please advice.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Hari

Re: EJB

Posted by Rakesh Midha <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thats true, except in case of standalone clients where you need to add
manfest entry.

Thanks
Rakesh

Re: EJB

Posted by Hari Krishna Korrapati <ha...@gmail.com>.
In the mail, the second point, that you mentioned about META_INF\manifest.mf
is the correct one.
If we have
           ejb.manifest.classpath =true
we nee to add in the Manifest.mf file.

After sending the mail, i have checked one thing that why cant we add in the
same way under J2EE module dependency of ejb project.
If we add a jar in J2EE module dependencies, an entry corresponding to that
is made in Manifest.mf file.

So instead of adding manually in Manifest.mf file, we can add under J2EE
module dependencies using eclipse which will serve the same purpose.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Hari

On 2/19/07, Rakesh Midha <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Hari
>
> If I understand it right you need to use ejb.bundle=true to add
> coorsponding jars as j2ee dependencies in ejb project (in standalone mode)
>
> and ejb.manifest.classpath is used to add manifest classpath entry in jar
> file to access classes from external jars. The coorsponding action would be
> adding following in META-INF\manifest.mf
>                Class-Path:  xyz.jar
>
> Thanks
> Rakesh
>
> On 2/16/07, Hari Krishna Korrapati <ha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have the project.xml for the ejb project, which was built previously
> > using maven.
> > Now i am using Eclipse 3.2.1 for code editing,build and finally i am
> > using Geronimo1.1.1 for running the application.
> >
> > In case of
> >  1) web projects if we have war.bundle=true in project .xml, we will add
> > that corresponding jar in J2ee Module Dependencies of the web project
> >  2) ear projects if we have ear.bundle=true in project .xml, we will add
> > that corresponding jar in J2ee Module Dependencies of the enterprise
> > project
> >
> > Similarly in case of ejb project, we have
> >   <ejb.manifest.classpath>true</ejb.manifest.classpath>
> > What is the corresponding action to be taken for the above.
> >
> > Please advice.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Hari