Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by je...@eurodoc-sofilog.com on 2000/02/11 13:23:29 UTC

Réf. : FOP Examples

Try this url :
http://www.renderx.com/testcases.html

Omar L�pez Ruiz <om...@informix.com> le 02/11/2000 01:10:37 PM

Veuillez r�pondre � fop-dev@xml.apache.org

Pour :    "fop-dev@xml.apache.org" <fo...@xml.apache.org>
cc :   (ccc : Jean-Noel VILTARD/CERT99)
Objet :   FOP Examples

Re: Réf. : FOP Examples

Posted by Sebastian Rahtz <se...@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>.
Hani Elabed writes:
 > Do not waist your time on their site, the
 > only example I was able to find is at
 >
 > http://jtauber.com/fop/examples.html

there are FO examples on my page at
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex; I have a set of XSLT specs to
make FOs from TEI documents, and a TeX-based renderer.

Not up to XSL 2000 yet, I am afraid

Sebastian

Re: Réf. : FOP Examples

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Hani Elabed wrote:

> [...]
> They said, and let me quote them here..
>
> > Thanks for contacting us. We are preparing
> > fo2pdf release as an on-line / ASP model,
> > similar to our Validating Service, except it
> > will not be free.
> [...]

Bah... There's really room for _EVERYONE_ in this world...
Sometimes I just don't understand... really...

> [...]
> > Evaluation copy is not available. You can start
> > working with FOP by James Tauber.
> > http://www.jtauber.com/fop/
> [...]

But at least they used the term "work"... I would have thought they
could have used the word "play" :)

	Pier (disoriented!)

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: Réf. : FOP Examples

Posted by Hani Elabed <ha...@elabed.net>.
Pardon my objection here,

The examples on renderx.com are all GOOD examples
that ONLY run on their  own COMERCIAL and NOT
AVAILABLE FOR SALE   "FO2PDF" engine.

I was relentless  in trying to run the stuff
on FOP, it DOES not, you have to gut the *.fo file
out before something runs.

I asked them( renderx.com ) if they are willing
to sell the product, if it was that great.

They said, and let me quote them here..

>Thanks for contacting us. We are preparing
>fo2pdf release as an on-line / ASP model,
>similar to our Validating Service, except it
>will not be free.
>
>Validating Service is located at
>http://www.renderx.com/FOValidator/index.html
>
>Evaluation copy is not available. You can start
>working with FOP by James Tauber.
>http://www.jtauber.com/fop/
>
>At this time our tool is best suited for large projects,
>or in such cases when our customers may be able
>to work with the ASP model. It may change in the future.
>
>The January 2000 XSL-FO draft is not implemented yet.
>If you are participating in the mailing list, you would know why,
>but we will start working on it soon.

Do not waist your time on their site, the
only example I was able to find is at

http://jtauber.com/fop/examples.html

Hope this will help

Hani

Re: Réf. : FOP Examples

Posted by Omar López Ruiz <om...@informix.com>.
    Hi,

    As you told me, I've downloaded some fo files, and then, I edited them in
order to change the namespace to http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format, but, with
FOP, there are a lot of errors, I suppose about the XSL-FO version suported.

    Does anybody has any examples that runs without errors on FOP?. Is there
any document, apart from the specification tha explains the fo's?.

    Best Regards,

    Omar