Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Dr. Shim" <dr...@alienmelon.com> on 2002/02/28 22:27:17 UTC

Problems Executing PHP Script After Changing DocumentRoot

This is my first time posting here. And my first time really using Apache.
So, please understand if I ask simple questions.

I've searched numerious web-sites for answers, but I got nothing, or what I
didn't want.

I set my DocumentRoot outside of the Apache folder (note that I'm using
Windows at the moment), and I set it to the "My Documents" folder.

Now, when I run any .php scripts through apache, all I get is a blank page.
So I assumed that Apache isn't executing the .php scripts right.
I set ScriptAlias pointing to the folder containing the php scripts. I tried
running them again, and just got a "Page Cannot be Found". I navigated to my
php-bin page, assuming that it would show me an index of all of the folders
contents. It got a "Permission Denied" error.

So I set some permissions for my php-bin folder:

     AllowOverride None
     Options None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all

I could view the contents of my php-bin folder, but I still got a "Page
Cannot be Found" error.

I also tried setting up an add-handler

    AddHandler x-httpd-php .php

But then I was prompted to save the .php file to my computer.

I'm totally stumped at what I should do. Could anybody be as kind as to tell
me how I can get this strightened out so I can execute php scripts from
anywhere?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers.

P.S. I changed DocumentRoot because I want the root "/" of my server to be
in the "My Documents" folder, not the default of "htdocs". Maybe I use
ServerRoot for this?

Re: Problems Executing PHP Script After Changing DocumentRoot

Posted by "Dr. Shim" <dr...@alienmelon.com>.
I'm just having troubles emailing to this user-group. Sorry if I'm missing
some messeges. :(