Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2007/03/09 17:49:45 UTC

Line endings and unrecognised text files

I just fixed an interesting (and slightly annoying) line ending issue in
the repository:

I discovered that one of the cpp test scripts (which is a bash script)
had got windows line endings.

Now it looks like scripts like this don't automatically get the
eol-style = native property from svn as it doesn't recognise them as
text files (it uses the files extension for this).

I guess this wouldn't normally be an issue as you'd only expect bash
script files to be edited by people using Unix and hence there'd be no
chance the line endings get changed.

However I think that this file was edited by someone on Unix, then a
patch was sent to the list and then someone with windows applied the
patch.

The moral here is - be careful when editing text files without
extensions and check whether they've got the correct eol-style property
set.

Andrew

Re: Line endings and unrecognised text files

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
If it was one of the topic tests? then it was probably my fault.
Hadn't got my svn settings set up right. Thanks for the reminder
though.

Rupert