Posted to commits@lucy.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/08/19 20:40:33 UTC

[lucy-commits] [Lucy Wiki] Update of "ReleaseGuide" by MarvinHumphrey

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucy Wiki" for change notification.

The "ReleaseGuide" page has been changed by MarvinHumphrey:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide?action=diff&rev1=32&rev2=33

Comment:
Update to reflect finished TODO item and changed helper script params.

   * [[http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html]] -- An overview of the release process.
   * [[http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html]] -- ASF release FAQ.
   * [[http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html]] -- ASF release signing policy.
-  * [[http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html]] -- Guide to using OpenPGP at the ASF.
+  * [[http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html]] -- Guide to using OpenPGP at the ASF.
   * [[http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html]] -- Guide to creating project download pages.  Ours is done, but this explains the rationale behind its content.
-  * Lastly, there is the Incubator release management documentation at [[http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html]], from which this guide was largely distilled.  It's not necessary to follow every recommendation in this sprawling document, particularly the irrelevant Java-specific sections, but it's important that you understand the issues involved.
+  * Lastly, there is the Incubator release management documentation at [[http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html]], from which this guide was largely distilled.  It's not necessary to follow every recommendation in this sprawling document, particularly the irrelevant Java-specific sections, but it's important that you understand the issues involved.

  If you have questions, ask on #lucy_dev or the dev list.

@@ -26, +26 @@

  Lucy has a helper script in devel/ which can be used to generate most of the commands on this page.  It doesn't run the commands; instead it just prints them out for you to copy and paste instead of reformulate manually.
  {{{
-    $ ./devel/bin/release_commands.pl 0.1.1-rc1 > commands.txt
+    $ ./devel/bin/release_commands.pl --apache-id=myapacheid --version=0.1.1-rc1 > commands.txt
  }}}

  = Versioning =
@@ -114, +114 @@

   1. Call a release vote on the dev list, referring to the artifacts made public in the previous step.

-  1. Once the PPMC vote has passed, call a release vote on the Incubator general@ list.  Each release requires at least 3 Incubator PMC votes to pass; even if we get those three +1 votes from our Mentors during the PPMC vote thread on the dev list, we need to give the rest of the Incubator PMC 72 hours to vote.
+  1. Once the PPMC vote has passed, call a release vote on the Incubator general@ list.  Each release requires at least 3 Incubator PMC votes to pass; even if we get those three +1 votes from our Mentors during the PPMC vote thread on the dev list, we need to give the rest of the Incubator PMC 72 hours to vote.

   1. If the vote passes, tag the release.
   {{{
@@ -136, +136 @@

  While it expected that KEYS files, README files and so on will be modified, under no circumstances should release artifacts ever be overwritten, as that triggers the Infrastructure team's security alarm bells to ring.

- Once the release files are in place, update the Lucy website. (TODO: create "downloads" page)
+ Once the release files are in place, update the Lucy website.

   * Change download links to point at the new version.
   * Ensure that while the primary download links point at mirrors, the signature files point at apache.org.