Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 00:13:48 UTC

Re: [FalconJX] Scope when calling member function from a reference

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 6/30/15, 3:08 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:25 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> 100% agree, but I think we have to do it soon because I keep adding in
> >> these parent walks and I think it slows things down.  I’d like to know
> >> more about the model.
> >>

> >I can't say for sure, I have my hands tied with time issues, so just
> >trying
> >to converse when I can.
>
> OK.  Looks reasonable.  IIRC, there’s a few places where we look ahead
> “down the tree” as well so again we visit certain nodes twice.  Did you
> run into situations like that and are they also avoidable via some sort of
> model?
>
> Time-wise, it seems like it can be done in steps where we start passing a
> model around and gradually remove parent-walks.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree, it's a fix as you go. I need to get into debugging FlexJS and JSC
in a couple weeks so my thought train on this is solid. As you know this
isn't easy as we don't really know all the problems yet.

I can take the lead on this as I said in a couple weeks if you want to keep
working on what you need to.

I never visited something twice, I know that for sure. But if I remember
correctly, all my logic for this stuff was in binary and identifier visits,
so I was already down "in it". :)

Mike