Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexander Helhorn <al...@jena.de> on 2012/07/27 11:45:09 UTC

dynamic EdgeNGramFilter

hi

is there a possibility to configure the minGramSize (EdgeNGramFilter)
dynamically while searching a term.

all my content is indexed with minGramSize=3 and that is ok but when I
want to search a term like *communic*... solr should not return results
like *com*puter, *com*mander, *com*a, ...

I know I can avoid this when I use quotes like "communic" but isn't
there a better way? It would be nice when I could tell solr (for
instance with a query parameter) which amout of characters must be
idendical with the search term --> dynamic minGramSize.

I hope someone can help me.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alexander Helhorn