Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/10/25 22:15:58 UTC

POST command and Persistent Connection (fwd)

Not acked. I suspect 1.2 changes all this anyway.

----- Forwarded message from corth@cnri.reston.va.us -----

From: corth@cnri.reston.va.us
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
cc: corth@cnri.reston.va.us
Subject: POST command and Persistent Connection
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 15:59:48 -0400

I'm having trouble with Apache 1.1.1 and persistent connection.
It seems that if I 'POST' a command to apache's httpd server
it starts the cgi-bin script and processes the request but then httpd
closes down the connection to the client. Therefore, the client cannot
make a second 'POST' command request.

I took a look at the code and r->headers_out is not being populated
with the 'Content-length' sent back from the executed cgi-bin script.
This has the effect to not allow conn->keepalive variable to be set
in set_keepalive().

Is this a design consideration or an implementation bug?

Secondly, I did notice that the scan_script_header() could be modified
to allow 'Content-length' to be added to r->headers_out. This would
enable the conn->keepalive variable to be set in set_keepalive().

Is there any reason why I don't want to make this change?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Charles Orth
Email: corth@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Phone: (703) 620-8990

----- End of forwarded message from corth@cnri.reston.va.us -----