Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/01 16:22:30 UTC

Wicket on Google App Engine support for IPageStore on BigTable

Like I've tweeted a few days ago, I've implemented a BigTableGAEPageStore
for Wicket so we can advance another step further full compatibility with
Google App Engine.

The project can be seen at http://code.google.com/p/gawcket

It is a fork of wicket-gae-template with a modified Guestbook to not use
LoadableDetachableModel and the BigTableGAEPageStore.

With this said, you can go to http://gawcket.appspot.com and test it. Submit
the form a few times and then modify the URL to reference an older version.

You can check this video on YouTube to see how data is being stored at GAE's
Datastore: http://youtu.be/ObvA9ao8U2Q

I just hope I've done everything correctly on this implementation. So I ask
the experts to take a look, and more important: to try it on your apps that
run on more than one CPU at GAE.

Thank you,

Long live Wicket!!

Bruno Borges

Bruno Borges
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

"The glory of great men should always be
measured by the means they have used to
acquire it."
 - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Re: Wicket on Google App Engine support for IPageStore on BigTable

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
Not really...

I just had the idea of storing pages directly to the BigTable, so this is
more of a PoC.

:-)

Posted by Ben Tilford <be...@tilford.info>.
Nice