Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Anton Bondarenko <di...@mvbs.ru> on 2015/09/30 08:58:37 UTC

Flex Mobile App's Performance while scroll

Hi, Appache. My name is Anton Bondarenko. I'm developing a mobile AIR
application for Android and iOS.
I have a list of items. A count of this items can be more than 50. Each
item includes image icon, few text labels and 1-3 buttons. I used MXML
layout. So when I was scrolling a list I detected a big performance
reduction. My FPS were decreased from 24 to 8.
Due my search of this problem I saw few videos from ADC Presents "Create
ItemRenderers for Flex Mobile Projects
<http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adc-presents/create-itemrenderers-for-flex-mobile-projects/>"
and Harish Sivaramakrishnan "Performance Enhancement Tricks for Flex Mobile
Apps That No One Told You! <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGp-BJ1tcF4>".
That videos were publicated in 2011 and 2012. So I wanna to ask you about:
1. Is AS3 without MXML method with ItemRenderer extending for list items
justified and does it really icnreases performance?
2. Are there any others recipes and the best practices for increasing
performance while scrolling list? May be more fresh decisions or
publications for Flex 4.14.1.

-----------------------------------
Thank you for attention,
Best Regards, Anton B.

Re: Flex Mobile App's Performance while scroll

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at this JIRA issue which describes a way to improve scrolling performance:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34821

And here for the discussion:
http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Flex-Scroller-optimization-td46074.html

Posted by Carlos Monteiro <un...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anton,

1. Yes it greatly improves performance!
2. you can get some recipes on this link
Adobe-MAX2011-Performance-Tuning-Flex-Mobile-Apps.pptx
<http://evtimmy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Adobe-MAX2011-Performance-Tuning-Flex-Mobile-Apps.pptx>

Best Regards,
Carlos Monteiro