Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org> on 2020/11/11 14:25:01 UTC

Correction value preprocessing rule in connect adapters

Hi,

i just added a new preprocessing rule for connect adapters. As you might know, connect adapters come with
a variety of different preprocessing rules, e.g. timestamp/unit transformation, add static event fields etc.
These preprocessing rules allow to perform simple functions directly within the instantiated adapter.

Here I added a correction value rule that (see Jira [1]) that allows to apply some static correction factor
on numeric fields. Currently, there are the following options to cover basic math operations:

- multiply
- add
- substract

Could there be some more interesting scenarios where we would need to extend the list of math operations
or do you think it’s pretty complete?

Patrick

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMPIPES-254

Re: Correction value preprocessing rule in connect adapters

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi Patrick,

these are currently the operators I can imagine as well. If we need others for a certain use case, we can add them later.
I really like it that we can perform this operation now directly in the adapter. So far we had to build a pipeline for that.

Philipp