Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/21 20:51:38 UTC

--override option for bin/connect-distributed.sh

Hi Kafka team,
I think the --override option of Kafka is very practical in starting
Kafka for various situations without changing the properties file. I
missed this feature in Kafka-Connect and I wanted to have it, so I
created a patch in this commit in my forked repo.
https://github.com/elakito/kafka/commit/1e54536598d1ce328d0aee10edb728270cc04af1

Could someone tell me if this is a good idea or a bad idea? If bad, is
there some alternative way to customise the properties? If good, can I
create a PR?
I would appreciate for your suggestion.
Thanks.
regards, aki

Re: --override option for bin/connect-distributed.sh

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,
thank for your suggestion. I'll follow the KIP process.
regards, aki

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Hi Aki,