Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aymeric Alibert <Ay...@alliantenergy.com> on 2003/04/18 17:39:17 UTC

SSL accelerator and Tomcat

We have a application running on Tomcat and we are trying to move that
application behind a Load Balancer with SSL accelerator.
The LoadBalancer get all HTTPS requests, decrypt them and forward the
request as HTTP to the Tomcat server that process it.
This works fine until the Tomcat server does a Redirect. Obviously,
since the Load Balancer send a HTTP request, the Tomcat server will
build a redirect using HTTP.
This will fail when the browser will try to access the HTTP resource on
the next call.

The configuration is as following:

                 SSL/LoadBalancer         Tomcat
                        | |                                   | |
 HTTPS           | |                                   | |
 ------------------>   | |        HTTP                 | |
                        | |  ------------------------------> | |
-------
       HTTPS     | |                                   | |          |
Redirect
<-----
                        | |   302 with new           | |
                        | |  location as HTTP     | |
  HTTP            | |                                   | |
                     Fail

Anybody has an idea on how to have this configuration to work?

Thanks,

-Aymeric