Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Yoshinori Ashizawa <as...@jajakarta.org> on 2003/05/21 12:53:46 UTC

possibility of changing docs or messages

Dear Commitors,

I'm a member of the Ja-Jakarta and we have been translating
many documents of Apache products (including Struts) into
Japanese.

We are going to start translations of Struts1.1's documents and
Struts1.1's message resources as our next works. However, I not sure whether we should begin those immediately Now. If it is
very likely that big changes will come, I think it is better to
wait until final release of Struts1.1.
Is there any possibility that big changes occur in documents or
message resources before the release?

(I guess message resources will not be change, but documents are within the range of possibility.)

Could you tell me your suggestion.

Thank you.

-----
Yoshinori Ashizawa
ashizawa@jajakarta.org  The Ja-Jakarta Project

Re: possibility of changing docs or messages

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Yoshinori Ashizawa wrote:

>Dear Commitors,
>
>I'm a member of the Ja-Jakarta and we have been translating
>many documents of Apache products (including Struts) into
>Japanese.
>
>We are going to start translations of Struts1.1's documents and
>Struts1.1's message resources as our next works. However, I not sure whether we should begin those immediately Now. If it is
>very likely that big changes will come, I think it is better to
>wait until final release of Struts1.1.
>Is there any possibility that big changes occur in documents or
>message resources before the release?
>
>(I guess message resources will not be change, but documents are within the range of possibility.)
>
>Could you tell me your suggestion.

Starting translation now would be perfectly ok, if you based it on a CVS
version of Struts.
That way you can monitor exactly what files changed between your version
and Struts 1.1 final.
I would not update your CVS version until the beta version of the
translation if complete.

By starting now  you will likely find outdated documentation, and minor
errors.
Those bugs could be added to Bugzilla and fixed --before-- the final
release of
Struts 1.1 which would be very, very helpful !!!

I would suggest starting with the developers guides first and doing the
Javadocs last.
You may have noticed that there have been many, very small, trivial,
changes to the Javadoc over the last
few weeks, and refactorings of functions.

'My 2 cents'

Thanks, for your work !!!

Rob