Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2015/05/17 20:19:11 UTC

Do prefetched messages count towards the queue size?

If I have a queue with 100 messages, and a consumer with with prefetch=100,
and the consumer prefetches the entire queue, and the messages aren’t ack’d
yet, what’s the queue size?

I would think it would remain at 100..

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: Do prefetched messages count towards the queue size?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
More accurately, queue size = # of unacknowledged messages + # of
undispatched (pending) messages.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.