Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Eugene Kirpichov <ek...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/29 12:49:08 UTC

Antro profiler

Hi all,

I already wrote a couple of days ago that I created an ant profiler
'antro' at http://sourceforge.net/projects/antro .

Now I decided to include it into 'Related projects' at ant.apache.org
; the FAQ says I have to supply a patch to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/xdocs/projects.xml .

So, here it is attached. Do I have to do anything else for the tool to
be included into Related projects?

Once again, description of the project:

antro is an hierarchical and line-level profiler for ant build
scripts. It allows to view the trace and timing statistics of a build,
hierarchically or by line.

Features include, apart from the above:
- Navigation from trace to source
- Find usages of source line in trace

Planned features include:
- Running a script directly from the GUI
- Show the max, min and first call stack for a source line (that
information is already stored in the profiler report, just not
displayed)
- Report by task and by target
- Better performance and memory requirements for really large reports

--
Eugene Kirpichov
Web IR developer, Yandex