Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <OO...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2003/05/27 15:24:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Error Installing Apache... Real Newbie needing help

Hello everyone,

I have just tried installing Apache 2.0.45 on my Windows 2000 Advance Server (ADS enabled). When the installer was still in the process, I got a message that says:

(os 10048) only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.
Could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening socket available shutting down unable to open logs.

Then I get the following message:

The system cannot find the file specified No installed service named "Apache2"

After the installer finishes, I see that Apache is in my program menu, but with the error messages that I got in the process, I just feel that the program was not installed properly.

My server is currently using the standard private IP address 10.10.1.1 and DHCP is enabled. I do have a registered domain name and as such a public IP address. My server is also not connected to a hub currently.

Do I need to do anything sopecial to correct the two error messages?

Thanks in advance

Re: [users@httpd] Error Installing Apache... Real Newbie needing help

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Stop IIS from running on port 80.