Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@crashcourse.ca> on 2008/09/15 12:38:21 UTC

how to list your WC's externals?

   (sometimes, i wish there was a subversion beginner list since some
of my questions really aren't that deep.)

   is there a direct way to list all of the externals in my working
copy?  or, barring that, in the repo itself?  i realize it can be done
using some combo of "status" and "grep" and so on, but does svn have a
command that does that directly?  thanks.

rday

Re: how to list your WC's externals?

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@crashcourse.ca>.
Quoting Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 08:38, Robert P. J. Day
> <rp...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>>  (sometimes, i wish there was a subversion beginner list since some of my
>> questions really aren't that deep.)
>>
>>  is there a direct way to list all of the externals in my working copy?  or,
>> barring that, in the repo itself?  i realize it can be done using some combo
>> of "status" and "grep" and so on, but does svn have a command that does that
>> directly?  thanks.
>
> I think svn propget svn:externals -R will do it.

yes, that's what i was after, thank you.  i think i'll submit a note
on the book list to add that bit of usefulness to the externals section.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.