Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by vivek thakre <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/28 17:26:20 UTC

Zookeeper fails to see all the brokers at once

Hello All,

I have a Kafka Cluster deployed on AWS.
I am noticing this issue randomly when none of the brokers are registered
with zookeeper ( I have set up a monitor on this by using zk-shell util)

During this issue, the cluster continues to operate i.e events can be
produced and consumed. But the topics can not be created or listed

When I query for brokers using Zk Shell (ls /brokers/ids) , its all empty.

I have noticed this issue in both following setup:
1. 3 Zookeepers and 12 Brokers are deployed on Single AWS Zone
2. Multizone deployment, where 3 Zookeepers one on each AWS zone and 12
brokers, 4 on each AWS Zone.

Not sure if this is related to AWS or Kafka.
I looked for logs , but do not see any errors (currently log level is set
to INFO)

Kafka version is 0.9.0.1. (I have seen this issue happened with 0.8.2.1 too)

Has any one encountered this issue?
I am looking for some pointers as to what could be wrong in my setup and
how should I go about debugging

Summary of broker's server.properties

log.index.interval.bytes=4096
log.index.size.max.bytes=10485760