Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by paulranger <ra...@southernphone.com.au> on 2018/04/04 02:03:55 UTC

AOO download (English) for Windows 10 - menus in Dutch.

Hello fellow users,

I have run AOO for Mac for many years and and am completely satisfied with the program and assistance rendered by other users via this forum.

I had to download and install AOO 4.1.5 onto a Windows 10 system PC to enable a social working friend to create and maintain spreadsheets for his Aged Care Foundation committee.

I located the official open source  <https://www.openoffice.org/download/ <https://www.openoffice.org/download/>> website and followed the download instructions which all in English.  After installing the
download ad opening the a OpenOffice application all menus are in Dutch (I think).

Can anyone please advise me how to change the menu labelling to English?  I could (for example) navigate my efforts to the “Save As”
option only because the “Ctr Alt S” key strokes were shown.  Anything else (e.g. deleting 2 rows in a spreadsheet) was a mystery.

I do not have regular access to the Windows 10 laden PC so I may need to ask for further help from fellow users as I attempt to
resolve this situation.

Sincerely, Paul Collins.

Re: AOO download (English) for Windows 10 - menus in Dutch.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
On 04/04/18 12:03 PM, paulranger wrote:
> Hello fellow users,
>
> I have run AOO for Mac for many years and and am completely satisfied with the program and assistance rendered by other users via this forum.
>
> I had to download and install AOO 4.1.5 onto a Windows 10 system PC to enable a social working friend to create and maintain spreadsheets for his Aged Care Foundation committee.
>
> I located the official open source  <https://www.openoffice.org/download/ <https://www.openoffice.org/download/>> website and followed the download instructions which all in English.  After installing the
> download ad opening the a OpenOffice application all menus are in Dutch (I think).

On the download page you have the option to select a language I believe
English was in the list.