Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2002/06/11 08:02:06 UTC

mention released versions at /download

I've added a short entry for the released versions at:
http://perl.apache.org/release/download/index.html

see if it's fine with you in this way. need to remember to update this
when a new version is released.

Re: mention released versions at /download

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 09:15 11.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

>>Furthermore, I think there should be added to "Download Source"
>
>what do you mean? There are in place already.

Oops.

>>and to the 2.0 Install documents instructions for downloading the
>>released distros instead of just getting from CVS.
>
>no hurry for install.pod, cvs is still the preferrable way to test 2.0.
>since most bug reporters end up using cvs in any case.

ok.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: mention released versions at /download

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 08:02 11.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>I've added a short entry for the released versions at:
>http://perl.apache.org/release/download/index.html
>
>see if it's fine with you in this way. need to remember to update this
>when a new version is released.

Good idea.

Furthermore, I think there should be added to "Download Source" and to the

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Bill Moseley wrote:
> At 02:02 PM 06/11/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>I've added a short entry for the released versions at:
>>http://perl.apache.org/release/download/index.html
>>
>>see if it's fine with you in this way. need to remember to update this
>>when a new version is released.
>

> I think it would be good to add a little text explaining the difference in
> those two versions.

may be, I didn't want to bloat the index page.

> They both link to the same place currently.

this is done for a reason. In case a new version gets released and this
page is not up to date or even worse, somebody mirrors the site very
infrequently the user will still get the latest version.

Re: mention released versions at /download

Posted by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org>.
At 02:02 PM 06/11/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>I've added a short entry for the released versions at:
>http://perl.apache.org/release/download/index.html
>
>see if it's fine with you in this way. need to remember to update this
>when a new version is released.

I think it would be good to add a little text explaining the difference in
those two versions.  They both link to the same place currently.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org