Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Rob Walpole <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/02 14:37:14 UTC

Re: Naming entities

+1 for UUIDs but with some domain information. i.e.
http://my.base.uri/person/{uuid} or http://my.base.uri/employee/{uuid}

In RDF terms you can have more human readable information in the label and
render this where required, i.e.

<http://my.base.uri/person/{uuid-goes-here}> a foaf:Person ;
    rdfs:label "David Moss" .

--