Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com> on 1996/07/30 20:31:41 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache/src Configuration.tmpl README conf.h

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>     # convenience, a regex implementation. The regex code is NOT official
>     # Apache code and the Apache team does not support or guarantee the code.
>     # If you want to use the supplied regex package, uncomment the following
>   ! # line (or set it equal to the regex lib on your system). ALSO: If
>   ! # using this _regex_ package, be sure to #define USE_HS_POSIX in conf.h
>   ! # for your platform.
>     #REGLIBS=regex/libregex.a

IMHO, Ttis is *really* yucky. A user should never have to edit any of the
source files, unless they have a really obsure OS (and I don't consider,
for example, IRIX or SunOS 4.1 to be obsure). Why not just tell them to
add "-Iregex" to CFLAGS and then always include <regex.h>? Or, even
better, add a

#REG_INC=-Iregex

and then add $(REG_INC) to the .o.c and http_brintf.c entries in
Makefile.

Either way, the user only has to edit Configuration.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server