Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com> on 2005/04/30 18:41:03 UTC

[VOTE] log4j version 1.2.10

As a formality, I'm proposing a vote on releasing log4j 1.2.10.

As previously mentioned, I am -1 on the release at this point pending further discussion.

Scott

Re: [VOTE] log4j version 1.2.10

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
At 05:07 PM 4/30/2005 -0400, you wrote:
 >Hi,
 >Obviously there are already enough -1's ;)  Let's pull the release off the
 >server, as I don't think the current disclaimer is sufficient.
 >
 >And let's start a separate thread to discuss dependence on slf4j.  I
wonder if
 >it can be done dynamically, with runtime discovery or a similar mechanism,
 >rather than as a hard compile-time dependency.

I think Ceki's idea of having hard compile-time dependencies is the only
solution I know of that avoids the commons-logging nightmare.  Any other
proposed solution would have to be at least as robust.  In any case, this
is different than the issue of whether Log4j-1.2.x or Log4j-1.3.x should
implement the interfaces or use a facade, which is mostly what has been
discussed over the past couple days.  In any case, I think Mark started a
new thread, so any further comments should go there.

Jake

Re: [VOTE] log4j version 1.2.10

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@MIT.EDU>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] log4j version 1.2.10

Posted by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org>.
-1

The process was not followed either at the log4j project level or the LS PMC
level.  That alone is reason to pull/cancel this release.

Beyond that, I think that a review of the slf4j support is very relevant and
should have been discussed and reviewed prior to being accepted and
released.

-Mark

Re: [VOTE] log4j version 1.2.10

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.