Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Saranyu Lavanyakul <sa...@cmu.edu> on 2005/06/14 16:40:34 UTC

Multiple sites and existing applications on Lenya

Hi all,

I am evaluating a few opensource CMSes that would fit our requirements.
We run multiple sites with many shared information and existing
application using JSP/ASP.

Will single Lenya instance be able to manage multiple sites using static
export? Will it be able to shared text information on many sites using
different look and feel?
Would you know any CMS that would fit the requirements like this.

Thanks a lot.

Saranyu L.

Re: Multiple sites and existing applications on Lenya

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Saranyu Lavanyakul wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> Saranyu Lavanyakul wrote:
>>
>>> Will single Lenya instance be able to manage multiple sites using
>>> static export?

take a look at default/config/tasks/tasks.xconf

and look for StaticHTMLExporter

This can be used for any other publication (not just the default
publication)

>>> Will it be able to shared text information on many sites using
>>> different look and feel?

this needs to be customized (either within pipelines by setting the src
attribute, etc.)

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Multiple sites and existing applications on Lenya

Posted by Saranyu Lavanyakul <sa...@cmu.edu>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Saranyu Lavanyakul wrote:
>
>> Will single Lenya instance be able to manage multiple sites using
>> static export?
>

> yes
>
>> Will it be able to shared text information on many sites using
>> different look and feel?
>

> yes

Could you please elaborate more on how to setup those up? Which plug-in
do I need? Or where can I find resource on those topic.
I'm using 1.2.3 newly installed.

Thank you.

Re: Multiple sites and existing applications on Lenya

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Saranyu Lavanyakul wrote:

> Will single Lenya instance be able to manage multiple sites using static
> export?

yes

> Will it be able to shared text information on many sites using
> different look and feel?

yes