Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> on 2007/06/27 16:10:19 UTC

[rampart]rampart xsd schema change?

Hi all,

recently i fixed a bug in rampart that prevented the usage of ssl encyption
in a transport binding policy.That fix use a custom rampart assertion that
is new to the rampart config....this fix is already adopted - you can check
the jira request at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-42?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12496738

My question is - do we need to change also the rampart policy schema?

Regards,
Nencho

Re: [rampart]rampart xsd schema change?

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
The SSLConfig assertion is an optional assertion in the RampartConfig
assertion. It parsed using the
org.apache.rampart.policy.builders.SSLConfigBuilder class and we
create the SSLConfig object. If there are errors in the syntax of the
assertion then the SSLConfigBuilder should complain. Is this
validation sufficient?

We do not have an xml schema definition for RampartConfig assertion
and its child assertions at the moment and I don't see the requirement
of one for validation of the assertions since the model we have seems
to takes care of validation.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Ruchith