Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Norskog, Lance" <la...@divvio.com> on 2007/11/27 00:29:00 UTC

DirectUpdateHandler and DirectUpdateHandler2

Hi-

We have a situation where we are submitting the same document several
times, and have not handled this the right way yet.  So,
DirectUpdateHandler2 overwrites the existing record.

If we used DirectUpdateHandler, we could use the feature where we tell
it to not overwrite existing records. This option is in the DUH2
arguments, but is not implemented in DUH2 for speed reasons.

Are there any features in DUH2 that are not in DUH? I mean semantic
differences, not just speedups.

Thanks,

Lance Norskog

Re: DirectUpdateHandler and DirectUpdateHandler2

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 26-Nov-07, at 3:29 PM, Norskog, Lance wrote:

> Hi-
>
> We have a situation where we are submitting the same document several
> times, and have not handled this the right way yet.  So,
> DirectUpdateHandler2 overwrites the existing record.
>
> If we used DirectUpdateHandler, we could use the feature where we tell
> it to not overwrite existing records. This option is in the DUH2
> arguments, but is not implemented in DUH2 for speed reasons.
>
> Are there any features in DUH2 that are not in DUH? I mean semantic
> differences, not just speedups.

Sorry to take so long to answer; I sometimes mean to reply to a
question and then forget entirely.

I'm not an expert in DUH, though I've worked with DUH2.  I'm pretty
sure that all features implemented in the last few releases have only
been implemented in DUH2; this includes autoCommit and
maxPendingDeletes flushing.  Nothing else comes to mind, though.

-Mike

Re: DirectUpdateHandler and DirectUpdateHandler2

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Are there any features in DUH2 that are not in DUH? I mean semantic
: differences, not just speedups.

To the best of my knowledge no, but i am not an expert on DUH or DUH2.

-Hoss