Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by pof <Me...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/14 06:37:33 UTC

Re: Solr 1.4 Release Date

Any updates on this?

Cheers.

Re: Solr 1.4 Release Date

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
You can follow the action on solr-dev.  We are in code freeze right
now.  I'll likely put up another release candidate today.  Everyone
can help out by downloading either the existing RC or nightly or trunk
and testing it out and providing feedback.  It would also be great if
people could start reading through the wiki and seeing if everything
makes sense.

Thanks,
Grant

On Oct 16, 2009, at 5:59 AM, Lucas F. A. Teixeira wrote:

> ppl will wait lucene 2.9.1 since 2.9 have a "great" bug in it.
>
> []s,
>

> Lucas Frare Teixeira .·.
> - lucastex@gmail.com
> - lucastex.com.br
> - blog.lucastex.com
> - twitter.com/lucastex
>

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Rob Ganly <ro...@daft.ie> wrote:
>
>> i was wondering the same thing since:
>>
>> '*NOTE: THE CURRENT GOAL IS TO START THE SOLR 1.4 RELEASE PROCESS
>> APPROXIMATELY ONE TO TWO WEEKS AFTER LUCENE JAVA 2.9 HAS BEEN
>> RELEASED.* '
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr1.4
>>
>> patiently,
>>
>> rob
>>
>> 2009/10/16 Michael R. <mr...@optaros.com>
>>

>>> Any news on this? Lucene 2.9 is out for some weeks now.

>>> 2.9
>> prune
>> though,
>> finished
>>>>
>>> --

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: Solr 1.4 Release Date

Posted by "Lucas F. A. Teixeira" <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr 1.4 Release Date

Posted by Rob Ganly <ro...@daft.ie>.

Re: Solr 1.4 Release Date

Posted by "Michael R." <mr...@optaros.com>.

Re: Solr 1.4 Release Date

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Agreed! We are pushing towards it - one of the holds up is that Lucene 2.9
is about to release, so we are waiting for that. We really need to prune
down the JIRA list though. A few have been tackling it, but many of the
issues are still up in the air. I think once Lucene 2.9 releases though,
Solr 1.4 will shortly follow one way or another.
Lucene 2.9 is right on the verge - only a handful of pretty much finished
issues to resolve.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Daniel Alheiros
<Da...@bbc.co.uk>wrote:

> Come on it's time to cut this release, folks! I'm just waiting for that
> since it was forecasted for early summer. :)
>
> Cheers

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: Solr 1.4 Release Date