Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by hara <ha...@cathand.com> on 2004/03/06 02:50:35 UTC

[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re:

-------------------------- オリジナルメッセージ --------------------------
件名:   Re: [Fwd: Re:"Require"
差出人: "Perrin Harkins" <pe...@elem.com>
日付:   2004年  3月 5日 (金) 11:04 am
宛先:   hara@cathand.com
Cc:     "Modperl List" <mo...@perl.apache.org>

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 10:36, hara@cathand.com wrote:
> Tried to parse %INC values to check if "required file" is in the list.
> It was there.. So calling required file works fine..

If you require a file in multiple scripts, and that file does not have
its own package but just creates subs in the current script's package,
you will have problems with PerlRun.  Only the first script that
requires the file will get the extra subs added to it.

> Is this causing ERROR??
>
> ## &mimeencode interface ##
> sub main'mimeencode {

>It's probably not a good idea to use the ' notation there, since it's
>not very common.  You'd be better off saying main::mimencode instead.
>
>I'm not sure what you are trying to do by having both a main::mimeencode
>and mimeencode without a package declaration.  Are you aware that your
>script does not get run in the main:: namespace when you run it under
>PerlRun?  That could be a problem for you if your code expects to run in
>main::.
>
>- Perrin

Bad thing I can not modify perl scripts which contents owners use. They
use On-the-fly scripts from somewhere..So have to find out server side
solution..

Meanwhile I deleted mani'mimeencode subrutine from scripts. Error doesn't
come out now.. Problem is "main'mimeencode"...

Hara