Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Hyunjin Kim <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/29 02:35:09 UTC

Installation of Struts 1.1b + Apache1.3.24 + Tomcat 4.0

Hi!
uhm... ok... Let me get to the point real quick..

I am having trouble getting Apache to forward the .do call to the
ActionServlet.. it think .do call is an actual file sitting somewhere in the
webserver and gives me the dreaded 404 error(File not found).

I have successfully installed Apache1.3.24 + Tomcat4.0 with Warp
connector(the recommended connector for tomcat 4.0) and all jsps,
servlets(the servlets included in TOMCAT, using "/ExampleServlet" call to
call servlets) work fine. BUT my Tomcat server did not produced the
tomcat-apache.conf file(which used ajp and mod_jserv connector.. so I
wouldn't have needed it anyway...) and my Apache doesn't even have
mod_jserv.so sitting in libexec folder..

So.. here's my questions..

Can anyone make struts work with the configuration similar to mine?? If yes,
how??

OR

How the hell can i make my apache forward the .do call to ActionServlet?? it
seems as if the warp connector assumes url with extension(.something) is "A
FILE" and tries to find it. Is there a configuration option for the warp
connector?? Should I use /execute/* call to call ActionServlet(which I do
not want...)??

All you Java/Struts/Apache/Tomcat gurus' help would be really appreciated.

And oh.. I somehow could not join the mailing list(my mail server won't send
my mail to jakarta.apache.org), so.. if you can CC my
email(hyunjin@itline.biz), i will thank you very much.. (;))

Thank you and have a nice day.

Jason Kim