Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by xing zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/08 14:20:04 UTC

Weex accessibility discussion about voice-over in iOS read order

   hi, all

   Recently I am researching accessibility in iOS,  developer can write
simple accessible app using weex now.

There is a case for me to be confused,that's the *voice-over navigation
order* , you can just think of how the

voice-over visit view element, we can visit a view tree using  BSF or
DSF,  I find out *that voice-over  **visit its *

*element in horizontal row maybe BSF *, but sometimes we need to make it
column navigation, maybe DSF,

that's to say, voice-over  should visit subviews first, and then its
sibling views using DSF maybe, so I try to search

apple developer document about this, iOS developers can specify
shouldGroupAccessibilityChildren
<https://developer.apple.com/documentation/objectivec/nsobject/1615143-shouldgroupaccessibilitychildren?language=objc>
change its

navigation order,  I haven't find  similar way on Android.

here is the dot-we case about test accessible order:

    http://dotwe.org/vue/5d43492eb707a797a04efebae93eddd5

default order horizontal order:    1->5->2->6->3->4->7->8

expected order is column order: 1->2->3->4->5->6->7->8

The attachment is the view hierarchy in iOS.

[image: 内嵌图片 3]

I expose this shouldGroupAccessibilityChildren
<https://developer.apple.com/documentation/objectivec/nsobject/1615143-shouldgroupaccessibilitychildren?language=objc>
property,
so that weex developers can change the navigation

order in iOS  easily,  *but it is not standard and arbitrary*, I want make
this more practical and last for a longer

timer , actually  there are some related feature in native API but  WAI
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria> don't  refer to, such as hint,  but we
needs

it to make our app more accessible to everyone. I don't know  whether I
make this clear.

Any suggestion about this?

[image: 内嵌图片 1]

Re: Weex accessibility discussion about voice-over in iOS read order

Posted by 杨 劭君 <sh...@outlook.com>.
Using API to define navigation order is necessary, but default order is important too, define the order for every element manually is quite heavy for the developer.

@xing zhang Maybe [https://www.w3.org/TR/html51/editing.html#focus] is helpful, browser provide default sequential focus navigation, and tabindex to define focus order manually.

在 2017年11月10日,13:09,Adam Feng <cx...@gmail.com>> 写道:

BSF or DSF is a little bit difficult to understand,  I suggest that we provide a consistent default behavior first, then give a more  generic customization as moxun said.

Thanks.
Adam Feng

On 8 Nov 2017, 11:45 PM +0800, 李剑锋(墨循) <mo...@alibaba-inc.com>>, wrote:
Hi there,Now I am also researching accessibility in Android. after the actual test, I found out the order of Talkback visit view tree is from child to sibling, that is what you say DSF.
I think we should not limit its order in BSF or DSF, but according to the actual situation of the business, according to the visit path of normal user. In Android, we have API like setNextFocusUp/Down/Left/Right to guide Talkback to visit page. Maybe this is a more generic solution to exposed interface as Weex.
Thanks-----------------------------
在(日期)2017年11月8日, 在(时间)22:20, xing zhang<zh...@gmail.com>> 写到   hi, all
   Recently I am researching accessibility in iOS,  developer can write simple accessible app using weex now.
There is a case for me to be confused,that's the voice-over navigation order , you can just think of how the
voice-over visit view element, we can visit a view tree using  BSF or  DSF,  I find out that voice-over  visit its
element in horizontal row maybe BSF , but sometimes we need to make it column navigation, maybe DSF,
that's to say, voice-over  should visit subviews first, and then its sibling views using DSF maybe, so I try to search
apple developer document about this, iOS developers can specify shouldGroupAccessibilityChildren to change its
navigation order,  I haven't find  similar way on Android.

here is the dot-we case about test accessible order:       http://dotwe.org/vue/5d43492eb707a797a04efebae93eddd5
default order horizontal order:    1->5->2->6->3->4->7->8
expected order is column order: 1->2->3->4->5->6->7->8
The attachment is the view hierarchy in iOS.

I expose this shouldGroupAccessibilityChildren property, so that weex developers can change the navigation

order in iOS  easily,  but it is not standard and arbitrary, I want make this more practical and last for a longer
timer , actually  there are some related feature in native API but  WAI don't  refer to, such as hint,  but we needs

Re: 回复:Weex accessibility discussion about voice-over in iOS read order

Posted by Adam Feng <cx...@gmail.com>.